Here’s another super fast style for a busy morning when you’re trying to get out the door. If you are fast at doing a rope twist braid and a regular braid, then there are so many fun combinations that you can do pretty quickly, this being one of them. This one took me less than 5 minutes and I just love how it turned out. Plus it stayed in all day long! Win win!
Here’s how to do it:
- Start with damp hair. •• You can do this on dry hair too, I just personally prefer to do styles like this on wet hair because of the texture of my girls hair. ••
- Take a square size section of hair on the top and secure it with an elastic.
- Clip the hair from that ponytail out of the way. I flipped it over the top of her head.
- Make a part down the middle of the head, making two sections for the pigtails.secure each pigtail with an elastic.
- Take the small section on the top and divide it into 2 sections.
- Take a section and do a rope twist braid until it reaches the pigtail on that side.
- Secure it to the pigtail with an elastic.
- Do the same in the other side.
- At this point you can add a ribbon, like I did. I pull the elastic out and slide the ribbon through it. This helps the ribbon to stay out and not slide down the braid.
- Now do a regular braid in each pigtail and secure each one with an elastic
•• I also spray each section of hair with spray gel as I go, but that is completely optional. It helps the flyaway a stay down a little longer.