We love sleeping in French braids around here. My girls have very straight hair and absolutely love to have curls or waves in their hair. I love the waves from French braids because the wave looks so natural and gives so much volume to their thin locks. Here are my recommendations for creating these waves:
- Take a shower, or get their hair wet, the night before. You want to make sure to do these braids on wet hair so that the waves become really apparent.
- Do 2 French braids on the wet hair. •• Video below on how to do a Fench braid ••
- I always make sure to add small sections in the braid to make the waves more tight. If you want bigger waves then take bigger sections.
- Braid down as far as you can before securing it with an elastic.
- Sleep on the braids.
- The next morning, cut the elastic out and undo the braids.
- Start fingering through the waves to separate them a bit. •• DO NOT USE A BRUSH! It will get so so frizzy. ••I even have my girls flip their head over to really loosen up the waves.
- Now, at this point you can leave it down, do a simple style to pull the hair out of their face. It’s up to you! My girls hair was a little frizzy after fingering through their hair, so I get some Moroccan oil to add some shine and tame the frizzy hair.